Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rejuvenation

I'm sitting at my desk thinking of ways I can procrastinate... I have a test at 12:30 tomorrow and have only studied a few hours. I haven't ever been a procrastinator in my life until this semester. This week made me realize how much of a procrastinator I have been. It seems like "manana, manana" is my motto lately. Starting tonight that motto is going to be thrown away! I have always been an extremely motivated individual and lately I have been somewhat lax in my ways. I am going to start tomorrow fresh and with a new perspective. I'm going to bring the old me back, and prove to myself that I can do the things I used to and be happy. I am a planner. I am a list-maker. I am a task-taker. I'm motivated. I'm strong. I'm bringing it all back.


In light of that, I am going to set some daily goals for myself:

  • Read the Bible at least 30 minutes per day.
  • Make church my #1 on Sundays [join an ABF next week].
  • Get ahead in my studies [finish things two days before they are due...like I used to].
  • Read a novel 30 minutes per day.
  • Exercise 30 minutes + per day.
  • Drink more water.
  • Eat more fruit and veggies.
  • Think positively [no more Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer syndrome].
  • Make my passions my priorities [prioritize].

I love Monday nights with Jose and Melea. It's been really hard lately seeing that all of my best friends have left town in the past year to six months... I'm going to call, email, and text them more. Everyday I am at my house I realize more and more the value of those friendships. I love my girls. . . and do not know what I would do without them.

I can't wait til next week. My dad is coming back from Bolivia for a few weeks. He called me today. I wanted to cry I was so excited but I didn't want to bring him down. I can't wait to hear all of his interesting and cultural stories. I have to turn my passport stuff in [prioritize]!!

We got our slideshow of our engagement pictures... absolutely stunning.

Here's a preview:

Here's the link: http://aplusrphoto.com/show/briana-rob/

Love to my girlies who aren't close in distance but close in heart: Krista, Aubri, Taylor, and Sissy for always being supportive and having faith in me.

I think that's all for tonight. Oh, wait: 22 Days until Spring Break in NYC and 86 until I'm officially a college graduate. **Praise the Lord**



Bible verse for the night [definitely appropriate for the mood]:


Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

xoxo


b

No comments: